Quick Question: Did you eat breakfast this morning?
Of all the meals we eat, breakfast gets the least respect.
Here’s what I’m talking about:
- Breakfast is the most skipped meal. As many as 25% of us skip it every day!
- It’s often an afterthought – or even a problem! Because …
- When we do eat it, we want something that’s fast and requires no/little effort.
- And it’s even better if we can eat (or drink) our breakfast on the run.
The fact is, there are a LOT of studies investigating whether we even need to eat breakfast in the first place.
However, many of those studies have linked eating breakfast to being healthier.
People who eat breakfast tend to have:
- Lower levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol,
- Less risk of getting diabetes, heart disease, or being overweight.
- Better memory and concentration.
But the fact is, researchers don’t know whether all of that is caused by eating breakfast – or whether people who eat breakfast tend to have healthier habits.
Either way, that’s a solid enough reason to eat breakfast! It sets the tone for your entire day.
Remember: It’s the small things that we do every day that add up to big results.
What did YOU have for breakfast this morning!?
My no-fail breakfast choice is LEFTOVERS – from dinner the night before!
I know that might sound weird but during my old contest prep days, I learned that eating a square meal for breakfast kept me feeling fuller longer, gave me plenty of energy, AND helped me avoid cravings later.
Need some new and delicious ideas for breakfast? I thought you might! 🙂
I just released a BRAND NEW recipe book (free!) – The Protein-Packed Breakfasts Recipe Guide. Get your copy here:
Make it a great day,
PS: I’m SUPER EXCITED to announce that the Spring Cleaning Challenge is ON! This 4-week transformation challenge will help you FOCUS on cleaning up your diet so that you feel energized, fit, and generally amazing as we head into summer. Yay! I’ll have details about dates, etc. very soon.